Friday, December 19, 2008

A Moment of Gratitude - Just a Moment


Not a whole lot to gripe about during this holiday season.

Well. That's not entirely true. I got a lot going on, but that's another post for another time. Right now, I'd like to say that I'm digging family and friends.

I've seen families interact throughout the years - some healthy, some dysfunctional. The more people I meet, the more I'm grateful for those to whom I've been joined together by a higher power. I have never wanted to be a part of any crew other than my own. Don't get me wrong. The Durkin clan is nuts. No question. But they're my kind of nuts.

They are also kind, loving, considerate, and funny as hell. Siblings, spouse, children, parents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.

They are mine all mine.

Friends are similar. At every holiday party this year, I see people who socialize together and never before have I realized the extent of my blessings. As I look back over my life, my closest friends are the best people I've ever met.

Period.

Whenever I've had the good fortune to meet a warm, loving, giving, funny, and smart human being - my good fortune multiplied ten-fold because they've stuck around. From new friendships begun two years ago to old friends coming back into my life to twenty-six years of solid companionship, my loves are my life.

And so, in the spirit of the season, I'd like to say - Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and Happy Holidays to you all.

I love you.

1 Comments:

At 12/20/2008, Blogger jrtnutt said...

We love you too Kate :)
Happy Holidays

 

Post a Comment

<< Home